In order to operate effectively Abingdon Paint Finishes needs to collect, maintain and use certain personal data about current, past and prospective customers, suppliers and other individuals that contact the company. That will normally be if you are a current, past or prospective customer, a partner, supplier or sub-contractor, or an individual that’s contacted us and needs a response.
Just so you know, the legal basis that we have to process your data falls into three categories:
- Firstly, if you are an existing customer or supplier.
- Secondly, if you’ve completed the contact form on the Abingdon Paint Finishes website – for example you’ve requested a quotation from us.
- Finally, if we have a legitimate reason – for example, you have asked us for a quote and your details have been entered into our computer system to manage the sales process. Or if we feel we have information relevant to your future decorating needs.
Any personal information you may provide to us on this website via, for example, a contact form will never be sold, rented or made public without your consent. We take your privacy seriously and will only use your information to answer an enquiry, or provide the services you have requested from us. We may be required to pass on some of your personal information to provide services from a third party (see below). These will not be used for marketing purposes but only to provide the requested product or service.
Information That is Collected
Abingdon Paint Finishes collects and uses personal information for the following reasons:
1. Contact by form, email link and telephone
Should you choose to use a contact or quick enquiry form to contact me, or send an email directly, the data you supply will be collated into an email and sent to me. The data is not stored on the website. If you contact me by telephone, I will store your information in order to allow me to process the enquiry and respond at a later date. The information you supply will be held for the purposes of communication after an enquiry and should you enter into a contract with me to provide a service.
On very rare occasions, we may wish to send you information about our services and business which may be of interest to you. If we do, there will be an option to unsubscribe in the email newsletter or you can contact me.
Uses made of your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our services or products.
Access to your information and correction
You have the right to request a copy of the information that is held about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email or write to me at the following address. There may be a small charge for this service which will be based on my current hourly rate. We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
Who we share your data with
We may share your information with:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- Third party support services, such as, but not limited to project management tools, accounting systems and hosting data centre.
Where we store your personal data
All information that you provide to us is stored on our, or our selected business partners’, secure servers, and we will take reasonable steps to protect your information in accordance with this policy, including (without limitation):
- Installing a firewall;
- Using anti-virus protection software;
- Encrypting data; and
- Carrying out regular back-ups.
All data sent via website forms is passed through a third party relay service and deleted after 2 years. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of any data transmitted to the Site; and any such transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. We have conducted a Privacy Impact Assessment.
We will report any unlawful data breach of this website’s database or the database(s) of any of our third party data processors to any and all relevant persons and authorities within 72 hours of the breach if it is apparent that personal data stored in an identifiable manner has been stolen.
01865 761097 07740 245862